Subscriptions and C.R.E.D.D.

Is WildStar Free-to-Play? NO! It's a $15 a month subscription.

General Questions

Will subscription be the worldwide business model for WildStar?

• At this point we are focused on releasing WildStar as subscription with C.R.E.D.D. in North America, Canada and Europe. More information about other territories and release dates will come at a later time.

Do I have to buy the game?

• Yes, WildStar must be purchased in order for you to play the game.

Where can I buy WildStar?

• You will be able to purchase WildStar both digitally and physically at all major retailers.

How much does it cost?

• Standard Box - $59.99 - €44.99 - £34.99

What do I get for purchasing?

• 30 days of playtime
    • 3 guest passes for 1 week of playtime
    • More information on this will be released in the near future.

Will I need a form of payment when setting up my WildStar account?

• You are asked for payment information so you can continue playing WildStar without interruption when your initial 30 days of game time is up. Redemption of payment can be done by all major debit/credit cards, PayPal, Mobile Payments (where supported), Game Time Cards or Paysafecard.

Subscription

How do I subscribe?

• Once you have bought the game, you will be able to activate your free 30 days of playtime by entering a valid credit card number or Game Time Card during registration.
    • Your credit card will not be charged until the end of your first 30 days of playtime.
    • Game Time Cards will be consumed upon use and will extend your playtime beyond the first 30 days.

What payment options do you accept for subscriptions?

• We accept:
    • Major debit/credit cards
    • PayPal
    • Game Time Cards
    • Mobile payments (where supported)
    • Paysafecard

How much does a subscription cost?

• We offer a number of subscription options, with discounts for multiple months:

Subscription Price Per Month

• 1 Month   -   $14.99 - €12.99 - £8.99
    • 3 Months  -  $13.99 - €11.99 - £8.49
    • 6 Months  -  $12.99 - €10.99 - £7.99
    • 12 Months - $10.99 - €9.99  -  £6.99

Total Subscription Price Per Time Period

• 1 Month    -    $14.99  -  €12.99  -   £8.99
    • 3 Months   -   $41.97  -  €35.97  -  £25.47
    • 6 Months   -   $77.94  -  €65.94  -  £47.94
    • 12 Months -  $131.88 - €119.88 -  £83.88

How do I unsubscribe?

• You will be able to unsubscribe by editing your profile in the account management system. The subscription will be cancelled at the end of your current billing cycle, so you will be able to continue playing on your account through the end of that time period.

Game Time Cards

Can I pay for my subscription with Game Time Cards?

• Yes, we will offer 15, 30, and 60 day Game Time Cards.

Where can I buy Game Time Cards?

• Game Time Cards are available for purchase online or in store from major retailers.

C.R.E.D.D.

What is C.R.E.D.D.?

• C.R.E.D.D. is an in-game item that, when consumed, extends an account’s subscription by 30 days.
    • It stands for Certificate of Research, Exploration, Destruction and Development

How do I get C.R.E.D.D.?

• C.R.E.D.D. can be bought from other players in-game via the Commodities Exchange (CX) for earned in-game gold. Alternately, you can purchase C.R.E.D.D. online at www.WildStar-Online.com.

What is the Commodities Exchange?

• The CX is unique in that when a player wants to buy a particular commodity, they will only be able to buy that commodity at the lowest currently offered price, with no awareness of who’s actually selling it.  Once the stock of that commodity at that price is gone, players will then be able to buy from the available stock at the next lowest price.

How much does C.R.E.D.D. cost?

• In-Game
      • The cost of C.R.E.D.D will fluctuate based on the current player to player trade rate on your realm’s Commodities Exchange (CX).
      • Real Money
        • C.R.E.D.D. - $19.99 - €16.99 - £11.99
    • How do I redeem C.R.E.D.D. for subscription time?
      • Once any character on your account has the item, you activate the C.R.E.D.D. in-game from your character inventory (kinda like a potion… but for subscription time) and your subscription is auto-magically extended.

Does my game experience differ if I am a paying subscriber or if I am using C.R.E.D.D.?

• No.

Can I give / gift C.R.E.D.D. to my friends?

• No you can’t give/gift C.R.E.D.D.
    • At this time players will be only be able to get C.R.E.D.D. by purchasing it on our website or by buying/selling it for in-game money on the Commodities Exchange.

What if I can’t find or afford C.R.E.D.D. for the month?

• We will still have multiple ways for you to purchase game subscription time. For a full list see above. 

Can I stockpile C.R.E.D.D. stored on my account?

• Yes, you can build up a bank of C.R.E.D.D. so you can use it at a later time.

Why does C.R.E.D.D. cost more than a monthly subscription?

• This allows us to protect our users and provide secure player to player transactions with in-game money.

MICROTRANSACTIONS

Will you offer microtransaction purchases?

• We’re interested in microtransactions, but only if we can offer it in a way that fits with the vision of WildStar.  We’re approaching this topic very carefully and will share details as they come available.
    Last edited by ahamling27: 3/18/2014 6:29:49 PM

Contribute to the WildStar WIki Today! Download Addons on Curse.com Host Your Addons on CurseForge                                     

Subscriptions = Better Communities

Whats Red is Dead.

Because poor people are bad.

excellent, subscription based!! :) no less idiots now than if it was f2p. shame we cant get rid of them all

Well, if you're a smart player, and know how to play the economy game (which is very basic) you wont even need to spend $15 a month in the end.

My only concern is if they have a cash shop. I don't want to be left out of a cool-looking mount because I refuse to pay more money when I already pay a subscription.

They already mentioned they're working on a cash shop.

Fun Fact: In audience testing for "Aladdin", the musical number 'Friend Like Me' wasn't testing well- until Robin Williams suggested a small change that saved it: He had the animators add a glowing 'Applause' sign above Genie after the finish. It was an instant 180 in approval, and the song is now many people's favorite from the movie.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Oh happy days!

Voison
    Aurin | Settler| Spellslinger

I'm thinking that this is a good thing.  I don't mind paying a sub if there will be guaranteed updates and we can eliminate any gold farmers.  Having the option to earn your gamplay time while playing the game is a good option.   There are all of these other games coming  out free to play but with cash shops that can have you spending more monthly while trying to enjoy content.  This will also mean there will be no freemium seperation of who subs and who plays the ( limited ) free to play game, everyone plays all of the same content.  I'm looking forward to it.

This isn't going to do anything to eliminate gold farmers. They're just going to undercut whatever it costs to buy a CREDD, and provide more gold to boot. 

Fun Fact: In audience testing for "Aladdin", the musical number 'Friend Like Me' wasn't testing well- until Robin Williams suggested a small change that saved it: He had the animators add a glowing 'Applause' sign above Genie after the finish. It was an instant 180 in approval, and the song is now many people's favorite from the movie.

Quote from Slywyn »

This isn't going to do anything to eliminate gold farmers. They're just going to undercut whatever it costs to buy a CREDD, and provide more gold to boot. 

i guess so, lets just hope people choose the "safe/legal" way to get gold :-P

I`m might go for the 1 year sub to save me some money :-)

(still have the 30 days to try it out first couse you never know... i was SURE that Tera was the game for me, until i played it to lvl 30ish)

Last edited by traggarth: 8/19/2013 11:58:30 PM

There most certainly will still be gold farmers.  There will always be those that will pay for in game currency perpetuating the industry.  It will be interesting to see how the economy reacts to CREDD and gold farmers since CREDD is not cheap, which I would imagine was intentional to promote you to just subscribe in the first place.

I will not be buying CREDD to sell to other players since $20 on top of my sub for some extra in game currency is meaningless to me and I would imagine you would get a better deal buying from gold farmers to begin with.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

And that is precisely why CREDD as a method to prevent gold farming fails. =p

Gold farmers are also hackers and credit card thieves, i actually do not know of a single person who has not had an issue when buying gold or leveling online. Not that i know many at all anyway but i did once buy gold myself, 175,000 gold to be exact, bout 100 euros worth from what i was told a legitimate farmer who my mate had bought plenty off before. First off they delayed giving me the gold although claiming to have it right away. Then i got 75,000 of it, followed by 35,000 more 6 months later and never heard from them again.  I don't feel bad i tried to cheat the system cause i was lazy and failed, my tough luck. But i think many people who buy Gold do so because they cannot be bothered to grind it, meaning they have the money to spend. And when it comes to a dodgy site where they may also swipe your credit card details or just refuse to give you the gold or hack your account along with the fact you can be banned and lose the account you had, i think most people will be inclined to go with the Credd store.
    And that is what they intend to do. They want players to buy with them at a little bit more of a price to stop such a want and need for it and also to stop economies from fluctuating but at the same time tell you, you want gold without being banned 'you pay a little extra'.
    Truly a genius idea if you ask me. And Going Subscription mode means you do not get the scum of the earth who join games, abuse players and communities because it costs nothing to join and also you don't fill up with players are just so utterly bad that they should be punished. Subscription means dedication imo. And paying players for Credd is a genius idea for people with lots of money but no time to grind, you use the economy to help players out. Creating a social network that helps each other out. Brilliant.

Whats Red is Dead.

I heard they aren't having a cash shop. Can someone give me a link to where they say they are?

So happy about this. THANK GOD ITS NOT F2P!!!!

EMBRACE THE DARKNESS!!!!

JOIN NOW AT WWW.THEDARKENFORCERS.COM

OR AT Dark Enforcers Wild Star

Lets hope now that it is released in December so i can play it during one of the most magical times of the year, where i can truly feel like i belong in the Dominion since i hate the spirit of Christmas. xD

Whats Red is Dead.

You seem to have missed the very obvious part of the statement where it's being pushed back to next year. Which is after christmas.

Im not going for C.R.E.D.D. in the first year i gues, so i can safe my ingame money to gear up and housing and stuf to build up my char and things around. maybe after im going to play for pay :) see ye all ingame in spring 2014^^!

CREDD will be stupidly priced in game for a long time anyway, until the economy settles and everything finds it's norm. I imagine the first year of wildstar, CREDD will be a good investment for legitimately buying gold to begin with, the problem becomes when many people have lots of gold.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes