The only thing that i dont like about wildstar

Is that when you aim, it shows a little "area" in where the spell will hit, in a blue or red color of that i've seen.

Should'nt it be possible to turn this thing off?

For me feels like having helping lines in an online pool game, and does not require much skill to hit enemy's.  Although i do understand that people not familiar with this style of combat might have a hard time getting used to it, but meh.

Thats just my opinion. What do you guys think?

Qave 

"Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods. Fire. And with it, man forged his will upon the world"

I think it's less to help you aim as it is to show you which abilities affect what area. I'm sure you'll be able to turn it off if you want but you'll be severely handicapping yourself if you do.

Fun Fact: In audience testing for "Aladdin", the musical number 'Friend Like Me' wasn't testing well- until Robin Williams suggested a small change that saved it: He had the animators add a glowing 'Applause' sign above Genie after the finish. It was an instant 180 in approval, and the song is now many people's favorite from the movie.

At first i know i'll probably suffer but eventually i'll learn my class and what ability's does what, and how they affect the game world.

That for me means "skill", to learn a class to an extent where u have a slight advantage.

"Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods. Fire. And with it, man forged his will upon the world"

I'm sure everyone else will too. But they'll also be able to see exactly what area affects what, whereas you'll just have to guess.

They'll be able to use their classes ability to their complete maximum potential, and to me that means skill. =p

Fun Fact: In audience testing for "Aladdin", the musical number 'Friend Like Me' wasn't testing well- until Robin Williams suggested a small change that saved it: He had the animators add a glowing 'Applause' sign above Genie after the finish. It was an instant 180 in approval, and the song is now many people's favorite from the movie.

You gotta remember that your "area" that your skill shows will also be seen by your allies, which helps with setting up combos and letting your teammates know what's all going on. :)

Contribute to the WildStar WIki Today! Download Addons on Curse.com Host Your Addons on CurseForge                                     

There is that too, so it's not just you that benefits from being able to see what's happening.

I would'nt call it a benefit.. its a pretty gamebreaking feature that my teammates / enemy's can see where i aim... especially in PvP 

This warns my enemy about where i am gonna place my spell and they can just....not.. stand in the "area" and not be hit. 

I can see the where it comes in handy in PvE, but since i'm 75% PvP and 25% PvE, i dont like showing where i put my spell.

Example from WoW: 

Imagine you're a mage and you want to place your pets Frost Nova, and the enemy is able to see where it lands. What good is the Frost Nova then? same with Death and decay as a Deathknight aswell.

WildStar's combat is going to be based on getting things into the right area at the right time.

Sure they can see your spell, but you can see theirs too. Now it's not about guessing where your enemy is going to place something, it's about seeing what they're doing and reacting to it on the fly. PvP especially is going to come down a lot more to who is the better player, not who is playing the FotM class. *cough*frostmage*cough*

Quote from Qave »

I would'nt call it a benefit.. its a pretty gamebreaking feature that my teammates / enemy's can see where i aim... especially in PvP 

This warns my enemy about where i am gonna place my spell and they can just....not.. stand in the "area" and not be hit. 

I can see the where it comes in handy in PvE, but since i'm 75% PvP and 25% PvE, i dont like showing where i put my spell.

Example from WoW: 

Imagine you're a mage and you want to place your pets Frost Nova, and the enemy is able to see where it lands. What good is the Frost Nova then? same with Death and decay as a Deathknight aswell.

I never said anything about PvP. I said your "allies". ;)

Contribute to the WildStar WIki Today! Download Addons on Curse.com Host Your Addons on CurseForge                                     

If they're not able to see where i'm aiming then definitely a plus in my book.

Quote from Slywyn »

who is playing the FotM class. *cough*frostmage*cough*

Haha. only played a mage during tbc though ^^

I think other players in PvP can see your spells, but I'm uncertain. They may not they may be able to. All plays into how WildStar handles the telegraph system as a whole.

From what I understand only allies see telegraphs, and this is still subject to change. But I don't think enemies in PvP can see telegraphs and in their PvP videos they have released you don't see enemies telegraphs at all.

Quote from Qave »

Example from WoW: 

That is kinda the point of the telegraph system. You can see your enemy's telegraphs, they can see yours. I don't think you will be able to turn it off. That is what the combat system is about. 

It's basically skill shots. You will have to aim and hit them. Like I said, you will have to dodge your enemy's skills and vice versa. 

Last edited by LilArsenic: 7/19/2013 8:35:33 PM

I got a Hearthstone Beta Key, and the game is AMAZING.

Knowing where the enemy is aiming is only helpful if you're CAPABLE of getting out of the way, hehe.

That is like turning off your cursor in a FPS.  How in the heck are you going to aim?

this game controls similarly to Smite i dont think this is that big of an issue.

The one thing I don't like is the fact that there are 2 human races. 

Last edited by seanmmjr: 7/22/2013 3:51:18 AM

Quote from seanmmjr »

The one thing I don't like is the fact that there are 2 human races. 

I don't understand why there is so much self hate for terrans.

People like to live a fantasy, they don't all like to log in and play a Human when they already are one. =p

Last edited by Slywyn: 7/22/2013 4:24:40 AM

Personally, I think that the telegraph system is pretty neat - including my own telegraphs. I think that the "skill" surrounding using our skills does not come from "hitting one opponent", but using it as effectively as possible. I'm quite confident that they will come up with more complex telegraphs as well as complex situations in which you really do need to see what you're doing.

In PvP - if both friend and foe does see what you're doing, it does work two ways. It doesn't necessarily mess up PvP; it just changes it; but it greatly depends on how easy it is to dodge another player's telegraphs, because if you can dodge it every time (and not just with the dodge button), then yes, it would mess up PvP.

With respect to humans: I don't get why people get upset with there being humans in a game. It "grounds" the game and creates something familiar, but completely out of context. If you don't like playing a human in your off-time, you have the chance to play something else! The fact that humans are on both factions here is, in my mind, a good thing as it most likely will give us enticing story lines.

Spot the sarcasm and win a cookie!

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes