This thread was marked as Locked by ahamling27.

Im very sad and dissapointed at WildStar :'(

Quote from OutWorldSource5 »

Quote from l33tdt »

That sounds like skyrim, 

Quote from l33tdt »

The last thing I would want when I'm in the middle of a mission is to have to start to run away from a random boss 

Quote from l33tdt »

they would just wreak havoc or at the very least be annoying for questers by stopping or interrupting progression. Not to mention that a random group boss could completely screw over settlers by destroying their buildings. 

You make me sad

what.. What am i reading? Are you who i think you are? A casual?

No really, what are games for? I dont get it, i thought it was about challenge, problem solving ect.. I cant even fathom the elements you have stated so ill stop there. I really am speechless... Have you ever played grand theft auto and been interrupted in single or multiplayer by cops? Have you ever played Final fantasy 12 and been surprised by a random monster or bounty that makes you jump out of your chair mid-mission?

Yeah, but these things are all manageable by yourself because they are solo player games. A raid boss is not manageable by a level 7 in an mmo

The purpose of gaming is for FUN and ENTERTAINMENT.  Many different people have many different ideas on what is FUN and ENTERTAINING.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your idea on what is fun and entertaining in no way qualifies you as a bigger and better person. You claim you're not a troll and you just want to discuss what you think the game should be about. That's fine, but you don't have to act like an obnoxious, condescending little brat to accomplish that. 

Ferret Force

Quote from Guarrand »

Most be tough being you ... with so much anger, distrust and resentment towards life and people in general.

Now thats Trolling, as well as a personal attack. Please get out of this thread

Just stating an observation and expressing my concern for your well being m8 ... *there there*

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid"

All in all, I believe it is you @OutWorldSource5 that has set their standards extremely low. You claim that the game is boring and it should be more like X or have Y included. Yet for all the talk about how we shouldn't be pulled into this stale static MMO scene, all you see in Wildstar is what you want to see, for all that other people have encouraged a better view, you turn it down in favour of your own bland view of the game.

Perhaps instead of wanting so much you haven't seen from the game, try looking at what the devs have been doing and what they are claiming is being developed for the game. Because for all the video footage and 3rd hand impressions, for all we know, this game could be holding (and most likely will be) back their best cards. Time will tell, not assumptions about the little info that has currently been released.

Quote from l33tdt »

I don't want to weaken the boss pool or remove it. Just give options to people. Keep the bosses in for people like you that want to do them, but for the rest, don't interrupt them. If you read my posts I want the challenges their. I want original AV. I told you earlier, I was always trying to get groups together for WBs in SWTOR, but no one wanted to join me. I'd love to see WBs outside of raids and random events attacking cities, that would be awesome. But that doesn't mean that the entire game world has to be interrupted by it. People should have options to join in these events or not. Options is key. 

In wow and most mmos, options is what is lacking. People generally don't have the option to do challenging content, or if they do it will drastically slow down their xp gains, which deters many people. Like you said earlier, people should be rewarded for participating in these events.

So your saying give gamers a completely predictable and repetitive experience becouse a few people want to do quests without "interruptions?" Let me tell you, the people who are going to leave due to "interruptions" are not gamers a dev should want. Those people are going to inflate the servers and then leave in a huge mass when they feel slightly bored or hindered. This is what happens to pretty much every WoW clone out there.

Ill tell you what though, you could be on to something. I'd say have a cave inside the town where its safe with relatively easy mobs and quests, as well as a few quests where you have to explore or gather minerals from the mine (which is actually Wildstar in a  nutshell). Ill bet you that all of those players would eventually want to venture out into the real, dangerous, and unpredictable world of nexus.

Which is now quite frankly, World Of Warnexus

There are a lot of troll post above this post that do not add to the discussion. Ignored

Last edited by OutWorldSource5: 6/13/2013 8:02:00 AM

Quote from Chuckles2035 »

The purpose of gaming is for FUN and ENTERTAINMENT.  Many different people have many different ideas on what is FUN and ENTERTAINING.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your idea on what is fun and entertaining in no way qualifies you as a bigger and better person. You claim you're not a troll and you just want to discuss what you think the game should be about. That's fine, but you don't have to act like an obnoxious, condescending little brat to accomplish that. 

What is that some kind of liberal philosophy? Thank you for explaining to me what games are all about. I never stated i was a "bigger and better person". How is this post obnoxious? i have used visual and contextual sources for nearly all of my posts, what have you done? Nothing.

Quote from Neralyte »

One of my posts talks about GM events, which are sorely lacking in modern MMO's and made previous titles that much more enjoyable.

Honestly, if I ever ended up as a GM in some mmo game, reeking havoc on the players would probably end up my favorite thing to do in downtime if I was allowed to get away with it V:

Quote from Neralyte »

Try making a dynamic event that ends up killing a quest giver every hour or so and watch the complaints rise from players having to sit around and wait for them to respawn.

When have you seen this happen? I saw it happen in Rift once, a freak invasion in the low level areas and mobs overan the towns and such, but no one complained, people were laughing and teaming up to fight the invasion force back. While being rewarded in the process

Also, i get it, you dont like skyrim, i have plenty of other games i have discussed in this thread

In guildwars2, in some of the higher level area's that have gotten rather bare of players, There tends to be npc attacks and such built into a system that hits waypoint area's and other locations with friendly ai.

The unfortunate lack of a constant flow of players in these areas [though it might of also been me playing in the middle of the night] left a bunch of said waypoints and friendly AI dead and contested, and it made getting across the place quite a pain :V

Unannounced events acted out by GM's is so much fun.

I remember when i was GM on NWN (Player hosted servers) i would  create dragon and orc invasions or put a patrol of goblins in spots that players didnt expect etc.. We would announce it an hour or so in advance by GM chats/whispers, mentioning that "there be a black dragon on its way to <insert town> , gather up forces to battle it..." or "Goblins have taken over the bridge at <place>, the town is cut off from supplies. Defeat the Geblins and save the town" etc..
    It was great fun to see people stop in their tracks and group up to defeat said dragon or goblins :)
    This kept the players on edge and expect the unexpected.

I dont think this is really possible with the MMO's atm though...

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid"

@DarnHyena: those zones were just plain annoying, after my second 80 I just refused to go there anymore. Trying to get through to contested waypoints solo because no one cared about the zones was painful, useless and a waste of time. It wasn't just you, no one goes there for content anymore, it's mostly just a waste of space (other than farming runs).

2 games I loved for GM and community events:

- City of Heroes/Villians

- Fiesta Online

Everyone knows CoH, and the players will tell you that it rocked. And part of that fun for me was the involvement of GM's and community reps. And Fiesta online is a crappy little F2P game that wasn't all that special, but the GM's made it great. I logged on time and time again just to compete in treasure hunts and games of hide and seek (killer games of hide and seek where GM's spawned monsters to get in your way and teleported around zones to keep everyone on their toes).

Last edited by Neralyte: 6/13/2013 8:56:46 AM

On the plus side, it makes a great excuse to try and go stealth attack on the waypoints, like way up in the middle, there was one little fort near a bridge that lead to the next instance, and it was attacked by those zombie guys and some other baddies and surrounded it with catapults. I managed to revive it a few times on my own.. after a large number of deaths and being left in nothing but bright blue boxers.

Actually you know what?

Nevermind. I value my time far to much to bother feeding trolls.

Last edited by Chuckles2035: 6/13/2013 10:05:53 AM

Ferret Force

Why is it even a thread about this?

I've both seen it and played it, and all i can say is that it will blow your mind. ;)..seriously.

Wildstar

Ya this thread is really pointless , all the OP does is attack everyone for not agreeing with him or accuse them of being a troll which pretty much is what he is. So don't fall for it

Quote from SPECIAL »

Why is it even a thread about this?

Read the thread and find out why

Quote from dampyre »

Ya this thread is really pointless , all the OP does is attack everyone for not agreeing with him or accuse them of being a troll which pretty much is what he is. So don't fall for it

Fall for what? No smoke and mirrors here, raw gameplay footage, comparison videos, quotes from other threads. Its okay though your little reply will go well with these other people who cant seem to come up with a counterargument. This community is extremely defensive, so defensive that they continue to try and shut me down by calling me names. Its quite childish.

Quote from ITQuatro »

Im sure you all think its easy since you probably played it for 100's of hours. Skyrim shines at the first 25 levels. Im pretty sure none of you could take on a giant 1 on 1 in that level range. I'm also fairly sure that none of you tried being a thief. Yes, i also installed the mod that makes monsters harder past level 25. A game should be easier when you get familiar with it, i still come across elder dragons that 2 shot me occasionally. Thats after having far more invested than someone with a normal life.

I still remember coming across a drewmer  ruin at level 7 and having to use traps to kill stuff, it took a while, but i eventually powered through

Oh, and if its any cancellation i did not use a follower.

Skyrim shines at 25?  That's funny, Skyrim was a terrible game.  Can't see that game shining anywhere.  So shame on you for comparing Wildstar to a shit game.  Get out of here.

Ah, im glad you finally revealed your inner troll, Skyrim has been on Steams best seller list since it released. It has also received over 90 awards and countless hours of streaming time that people actually watch. Skyrim took every aspect of games prior and improved on them, and gave a vast variety of tools to the community to craft new content and improve graphics. It was also a challenging game to people who did not exploit a few of its bugs.

However, you are intitled to an opinion, but saying Skyrim is a shit game, id really like to see what games you have played that are not "shit". 

Now please stop trying to derail the thread, and come up with a intellectual counter argument, thanks!

The discussion has been derailed since page one when you decided that you don't like Wildstar anymore and post a crybaby thread.  Momma must have neglected you, but that's okay.  Just because a game sold doesn't mean it's any good.  Oblivion also sold a lot and that game was bad as well.  Bethesda is bad at making anything that doesn't contain shit tons of bugs.  The PC port was kind of shit due to the terrible menus and let's not forget the controversy with the release of the PS3 version.  Skyrim was bought by a bunch of children because anyone who basically has no time to play won't play Skyrim.

Main story sucked as always.  Elder Scrolls games wish they could be top quality like The Witcher, which is a game that is not "shit".  Now if you excuse me, I need to go report this thread for it really serves no purpose but for you to piss off the community here.  Your life must be fucking boring.

Last edited by ITQuatro: 6/13/2013 5:13:58 PM

Alright folks, it's time to lock the thread. Please don't start another thread to continue this discussion, if you would like to continue do so through PMs please.

Contribute to the WildStar WIki Today! Download Addons on Curse.com Host Your Addons on CurseForge                                     

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes