Mystery races and classes, what do you think they are?

So there are still 2 races yet to be revealed(one dominion and one exile), and 2 classes as well(both playable by Granok). What do you think they are? Do you think one of them is a healing class(probably :P)? And what about the other class, another tank class perhaps?

And the 2 races, one of them has to be a short race, right? What about the other one, a tall race perhaps? (My tallest!!) Although the Mechari are pretty tall themselves, I guess time will tell, but what are your thoughts?

Contribute to the WildStar WIki Today! Download Addons on Curse.com Host Your Addons on CurseForge                                     

One of the two classes left will be able to heal and is available for Granok1]. I'm kind of hoping it's a pet/turret/nanobot type thing. Something kind of technical in nature would be a neat addition I think.

Last edited by spencerBAXLEY: 2/26/2013 8:02:38 PM

GM OF BLADEFALL
    www.BladefallGuild.com

Will the Protostar CEO's race perhaps be a playable one? It would seem that that would fit the short race requirements. I agree that there will probably be a healer class. Perhaps another class could be some other sort of utility class... I think that the telegraph system would allow for some cool uses of defensive abilities. Maybe they would be able to create walls of some sort that would separate your friendlies from the enemies, or drop down nets or other traps to trap enemies inside certain areas of the battlefield.

Quote from spencerBAXLEY »

One of the two classes left will be able to heal and is available for Granok1].

That's a great find! I'm glad the dev team is really open to discussion like that on twitter. :D

Contribute to the WildStar WIki Today! Download Addons on Curse.com Host Your Addons on CurseForge                                     

I believe they also said that both of the remaining classes would have a support role, one as a healer and I'm assuming the other being a tank. That would give us 6 DPS, 3 Healers, and 3 Tanks.

Exiles:
    Maybe a cyborg human, that can tank, or split into healing depending on the mechanical upgrades on himself/herself.
    Thats pretty neat IMO.

Dominion
    Maybe another alient type, that heals, and uses most of the unused intelligance mankind or any other alien
    is yet to formulate. will need items to enhance concentration. Bit of a switch to gameplay style. ooooooo ((O.O))

I don't see anything about the mysterious 7th face on the race page... I think it looks like a feral version of the Aurin. Probably pissed that their queen left them on the planet, and not believing she would be coming back. Face #5 across the banner.

ATTACHMENTS
    • races_banner

If you look at http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/the-game/races/ you can see that a picture has joined the dominion side, a brown rogue like alien with tattoes, I think that one will be the last race in the dominion. But the last race in the Exiles remain unknown, looking forward to see all of these races in motion

Quote from Tharzor »

If you look at http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/the-game/races/ you can see that a picture has joined the dominion side, a brown rogue like alien with tattoes, I think that one will be the last race in the dominion. But the last race in the Exiles remain unknown, looking forward to see all of these races in motion

Sorry to tell you Tharzor, but you're just repeating what I said. The 7 faces are on the American site as well, and it's the #5 face I was talking about. I linked the banner to my post when I said it, for everyone. Since there are 2 "caster" types, I would assume that at least one of the new classes would be an archer, maybe? Though I guess Spellslinger can take the role of physical ranged with some of their attacks, and ignore the spells themselves.

Last edited by ssj782: 4/11/2013 8:50:41 AM

Wow... ever re-read something you posted an realized it sounded really rude or mean? I had to change my above post because when I read it back to myself, it sounded like I was picking on him for the repeat. I have a bad tendency of stating something and having people see it as rude or mean, even when it wasn't meant that way.

Last edited by ssj782: 4/11/2013 9:11:15 AM

ohh .. I didnt see that one, well now you been told twice, Sry for repeating!

Well THAT sucks... The #5 face isn't a different race, just a male Aurin. Here's the post that says it: https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/status/301706645992534017

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn8648VGMKM 

Not sure if anyone has posted this elsewhere, but at 51 seconds into the "Meet the exiles video" the left most arm that gives the thumbs up has what could be a mutant or undead type look to it, and being that they show a syringe and some chemicals later on the same video around 1:34 where she doesn't want to talk about them, they could be a race that experiments on themselves. 

Yeah... That's in a few posts. The leading guesses seem to be zombies or some kind of cyborg that's falling apart. I saw a lot of forums saying that if it were zombies, they would be annoyed because they've been so overdone recently.

From my understanding, the last Exile race is some sort of cloned-race-gone-badly. Which would explain why they need stasis chambers like in the video, and that arm that sticks up has a sort of stasis chamber built into his arm, which is down to the bone in that section. I remember reading something about the dominion starting some sort of clone race for an army and the results were disastrous, thus providing the clones with a reason to revolt against the dominion and joining the exiles. :)

I'm going to look around for that article I read. If I remember correctly it was a WildStar Wednesday post from over a year ago, or longer. I'll see what I can dig up!

Last edited by ahamling27: 4/13/2013 9:03:46 PM

Ahh that would explain it =D

It's all speculation though, and I haven't been able to dig up where I read that, so it might just be in my head. XD

This build up is kinda getting to me..

Really wana see it!

Most of the evidence toward races seem from demos seem to speculate that the races yet to be revealed are as followed.

Furry Goblin Thing - Dominion (It reminds me of Yordles from League of Legends, akin to Rumble, and Ziggs -Mainly Ziggs-)

Techno Zombie/Failed Experiment - As many have noted here, this one could swing either way. They may not call them zombies at face value, but I can't imagine it looking all that distinctly different. We shall see. 

Quote from Syntheitc »

Most of the evidence toward races seem from demos seem to speculate that the races yet to be revealed are as followed.

Furry Goblin Thing - Dominion (It reminds me of Yordles from League of Legends, akin to Rumble, and Ziggs -Mainly Ziggs-)

Techno Zombie/Failed Experiment - As many have noted here, this one could swing either way. They may not call them zombies at face value, but I can't imagine it looking all that distinctly different. We shall see. 

I think you've pretty much nailed it on the head! I wish Carbine would just come out and tell us already! They don't need to give us all the lore or anything, just some pictures and a name is all. :)

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes